Dear Fellow 4×4 Drivers
The Atlantis Dunes Off-Road Executive (ADORE) wish to invite you to participate in the above initiative. To volunteer for Mandela Day via e-mail Sign up here
We are planning our annual social responsibility program for the greater 4×4 Clubs with in conjunction with the City of Cape Town’s Biodiversity Management Branch of the Greater Atlantis / North Region.
Our objective is to focus our charitable intentions on the Nature Reserve, the greater Atlantis area & its local community.
The Name of the School: Eco Club from a local school – TBC
Number of Learners: 30 learners
Grades & Ages: Various
More info about Mandela Day?
Date: Friday 22nd July 2016
Venue: Atlantis Dunes – Gate 1
Partnered by the Biodiversity Department, drivers from our local community can assist by entertaining 30 kids from the local community by driving them around Atlantis Dunes in convoys. These 30 youngsters are from a local schools Eco Club.
Format & Activities:
• Once the kids arrive by bus, they will be presented with a welcome pack, consisting of healthy snacks & drinks.
• Biodiversity will then conduct an Environmental Educational presentation to all the kids.
• After a safety brief has been conducted, the kids will be allocated as passengers to vehicles.
• They will be driven in convoys to enjoy what Atlantis has to offer.
• Sand boarding will also be included as an activity.
How can you participate?
We ideally need around 25-30 vehicles to assist.
Drivers who wish to assist should send a PM to Adore before the end of July, indicating their names, email add, vehicle make, registration number (for permit waiver) & seats available.
Free permits will be arranged.
Please bring own refreshments.
Important request: Whilst we are grateful for any assistance offered, please note that the focus of this event is on entertaining the children & not driver training. We often spend a disproportionate amount of time doing newbie recoveries. As safety is paramount, volunteers should have a reasonable amount of experience of driving at Atlantis.